Most parents know the struggle of getting their kids to sleep. Even when they’re tired, sometimes they’ll still fight you at bedtime. Those overactive minds just don’t know when to stop. Not only is extra exercise good for kids, but getting some of that energy out can hopefully at least help them mellow out for bedtime.
We’ve been taking our oldest to trampoline parks since age 2. Even just running on trampolines requires a bit more energy. Bouncing around for an hour on a rebounder really helps to burn off energy.
If you are in the market for a small sized trampoline for your kids to have some fun in you have definitely come to the right place. With so much competition out there we have helped narrow the list down to the 6 best trampolines for toddlers available in the market right now that are not only affordable but also safe and durable.
The sheer joy from jumping as high as possible and goofing about is what all kids want to burn some of that overwhelming energy. Having a trampoline is a like owning a mini-sized bouncing castle in your home and the cute and safe trampolines featured on this list will help your kids have a lot more fun and exercise, burning that excess energy, before a long nap.
How To Choose A Trampoline
- Size - There doesn’t seem to be a specific standard for how the trampoline sizes are marketed. When a trampoline says 7 ft or 36", sometimes it refers to the diameter, sometimes the height.
- Enclosed vs Open - Generally the mini trampolines are not enclosed, but the larger outdoor ones have netting to keep the enclosure contained.
- Indoor vs Outdoor - Do you need an all weather trampoline? Or do you want a place for your kids to burn off energy on a rainy day? The benefits of playing outdoors are well documented, but sometimes you also need to have your kid get tired out indoors.
- JumpSport AlleyOOP VariableBounce Trampoline With Enclosure - "The Luxury Outdoor Option"
- Gardenature Trampoline-36 Portable Trampoline For Kids - "The Sturdy Mini"
- Ancheer Mini Rebounder With Adjustable Handle - "The Gymnastics Handlebar Mini"
- Little Tikes 3' Trampoline - "The Budget, Kids Only Trampoline"
- Pure Fun Super Jumper Kids Trampoline - "The Budget Kids Mini"
- Zupapa Trampoline with Enclosure Net, Blue- "The Outdoor Best Seller"
- Clevr 7ft Kids Trampoline and Safety Enclosure Net & Spring Pad- "The Enclosed Medium Trampoline"
- Skywalker Trampolines 15-Foot Jump N' Dunk Trampoline with Enclosure Net- "The Slamdunk Outdoor Rebounder"
Created by the inventor of the trampoline safety enclosure net, this trampoline brings high endurance and performance that exceeds ASTM Impact Performance Test standards. Alleyoop units hold 800 lbs at one time, but the maximum weight per jumper is 350 lbs.
The steel frames and poles have a lifetime warranty, the jumping mat and net 10 years warranty, and the springs themselves a 5 year warranty. To prevent kids from having to jump the entire time they are within the enclosure, PVC covered rest pads give everyone a place to rest without having to exit.
Alleyoop trampolines feature patented VariableBounce technology, consisting of high performance springs that optimize shock absorption and bounce performance.
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor use
- Lifetime warranty
- Easy to assemble and disassemble
- Lightweight and portable
- A handlebar for added safety
- Good value for money
- Stable and solid construction
- Small Size
The Gardenature Trampoline is a lightweight, easy to assemble indoor and outdoor trampoline that is ideal for kids under the age of 5. The small size (height of 32”, diameter 36” (length of the trampoline) allows this mini-trampoline to be placed anywhere inside the house which makes it perfect for children wanting to burn off that extra energy while still being around their parent's watchful eyes.
The handlebar increases safety and stability, as well as offers, added support in case the child is falling off. Being low to the ground also adds to safety and so does multiple stable short legs that can support more weight than you would think (100 kg with is 220 lbs).
If you are looking for a small sized trampoline that is affordable, durable and easy to move around than this Gardenature might just be the ideal choice for your needs.
- Oval shape for added safety
- Handle bar has 5 height adjustments
- Foldable for easy storage
- High-quality construction
- Assembly under half an hour
- 2-year Limited Warranty
- Removable Handlebar for added safety
- Weight limit won’t necessarily withstand heavy parent and child simultaneous usage as advertised
The Ancheer Mini Rebounder oval shape design offers stability and safety and is large enough for two children. Steel spring coils hold the mat to the frame and bungee straps hold the cover to the frame. It has a UV resistant surface and can be used outdoors or indoors.
The foam covered handlebar has 5 possible height adjustments from 38-45 inches. Full disclosure we have this rebounder at home and kids enjoy using the bar as a gymnastics bar and hanging from it or flipping around it. Since it’s over the middle of the rebounder we have peace of mind that kids can land safely.
It’s advertised as being possible for 2 to jump on, and with the handlebar as a barrier that is a safer possibility. The rubber holder for each leg dampens noises, and prevents floor scratching. The trampoline can be used on carpet also.
The Ancheer Mini Rebounder is competitively priced and can hold up to 220 lbs.The foldable mat design also makes it very easy to store without having to completely disassemble the unit. Dimensions of the unfolded mat are 56 inch x 36inches.
If you would like a rebounder for adult use as well, Ancheer also makes a popular trampoline that withstands 300 lbs.
- Ideal for toddlers
- Soft cushion padding
- Plastic and metal construction
- Handlebar for added safety
- Lightweight and easy to store
- Comes pre-built and is foldable
- Good value for money
- Small size and only 50 lb. weight capacity
- Can only be used indoors
An extremely affordable trampoline that is ideal for a toddler between the age of 3-6. Its small size, extra soft padding, and the large jumping area is great fun for young ones that want to burn off some of that built up energy while still being indoors.
It’s called the 3’ trampoline because it’s 36” tall to the handlebar. It’s maximum weight is 55lbs so unlike a few of the other trampolines, adults shouldn’t jump on it.
For its size, value and features this Little Tikes Trampoline is a kid favorite being just the right size for young ones to jump around and take care of some monkey business. The plastic and metal combination helps make the trampoline safer for kids while keeping its stability and strength in check.
For the price, this little trampoline is the perfect addition to your kid's room. It is lightweight, easy to move around and more importantly safe so you can be at peace knowing your child is having fun while being safe.
- Stylish and cute pink color cover
- High-quality construction
- A tall cushioned handle for added safety
- Added padding to avoid pinching
- Large jumping surface area
- 42 galvanized steel springs for maximum bounce
- 90-day warranty
- A tad on the expensive side
- Not as easy to assemble as other models
The Pure Fun Super Jumper is an affordable, practical and safe option if you want a trampoline that is rugged and offers good bounce. The ergonomic handle is also curved to provide better grip and prevent toddlers from falling off. Capacity is 100 pounds.
It isn’t the easiest trampoline to assemble but it does come with an instruction guide and if you follow the steps as shown the process is fairly simple. The funky padding colors help the Pure Fun Super Jumper to stand out from the rest of the competition and is the ideal choice if you want a strong sturdy trampoline for indoor use.
- Large size
- Enclosure net for added safety
- TUV Certified
- 10-year warranty
- High-quality design and construction
- Comes with add-ons like a ladder and rain cover
- No-gap jumping mat design
- More expensive than other models
- Meant for outdoor use
- Time-consuming assembly
Price $429 - 540
The brand new Zupapa Trampoline is bigger, safer and better than ever before. Its heavy duty galvanized steel frame construction makes it amongst the most durable and long-lasting trampoline available on the market. Tested and certified for optimum safety and performance the Zupapa is the ideal outdoor trampoline for young kids to enjoy.
Weight capacity is over 300 lbs for the trampolines (12, 14, 15 ft diameter are available), so typically adults can jump as well.
The enclosure net is the best way to make sure that your kids keep bouncing on the trampoline and not off it. The galvanized steel construction makes this trampoline quite heavy which offers improved stability and sturdiness. The Zupapa might be expensive but this is a high-quality product built to last a long-time and weather natures elements day-in and day-out.
Installation can be purchased for another $110. Customer service also seems to be outstanding and willing to replace parts if you email [email protected]
- Unique Design
- Large size
- Stable U-shaped legs
- Great value for money
- Enclosure net and foam sleeves for added safety
- Relatively easy to assemble, install and use
- Rust-resistant galvanized steel construction
- Outdoor and indoor use
- A new product that is untested
- A tad expensive
This Giantex promises a lot in terms of value alone. The enclosure net and extra paddings combined with a heavy-duty construction make this a safe and viable option for parents looking to purchase something that is robust, large and unique.
Simply zip up the enclosure net with your child inside and continue with your daily chores knowing that your child is safe, having fun and exercising at the same time. The Giantex offers the ultimate in size and luxury when it comes to trampolines for toddlers with an extremely safe and durable design.
Skywalker Trampolines 15-Foot Jump N' Dunk Trampoline with Enclosure Net- "The Slamdunk Outdoor Rebounder"
- Extremely safe patented design
- Heavy-duty lightweight construction
- Slam dunk basketball hoop
- 3-year Limited Warranty
- Revolutionary no-gap safety enclosure
- ASTM Certified
- High-quality springs
- Large size
- Suitable only for outdoor use
- Many parts to assemble
Skywalker Trampoline adds an additional twist to the traditional trampoline with a removable soft basketball hoop ready for foam basketball play. The trampoline parts meet or exceed the standards set by the ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials). Similar to Alleyoop, this also offers no gap enclosure netting. In comparison, it’s considered more of a a budget brand, with a thinner frame, smaller springs, and lighter padding.
If you are looking for an outdoor trampoline that is affordable and safe for your kids to play in the Skywalker Trampoline may just be the ideal choice for your needs. Its robust yet lightweight design makes it easy to move if needed and offers plenty of space for your kids to jump around.
Toddler Trampoline FAQ's
If you have any questions about trampolines for kids or toddlers, the next section will help you find the answer:
What safety measures to look for when buying a trampoline?
The trampolines offered for toddlers need to be safe as the last thing a parent wants is to have their child injured. Ensuring that the trampoline has no spaces where your child could pinch themselves is a good thing to check when purchasing. Trampolines that have no-gaps or spaces between different components are much safer than others that don’t. Having an enclosure net also offers much in terms of safety. Always make sure that their legs aren’t wobbly and the trampoline is stable before letting your kids have a go.
How much does a typical trampoline for toddlers cost?
A high-quality reliable trampoline for indoor use can set you back anywhere from $50-$200 depending on various factors. For larger sized trampoline for kids that are generally meant for outdoor use, you are looking at about $400 and up for a long-lasting well-made product.