Keywords: pack and play reviews, best baby play yard gate,best baby gate for large opening, best playpen for crawling,non toxic play yard, best travel play yard, best playpen for toddler
Best Play Pen For Toddler
Having a baby is a blessing, but it is a lot of work too. You must have heard other mothers telling you to “never ever leave your baby alone”, and it’s very true. Babies do not have any concern for their own safety. This means that you have to be around them all the time, so that they do not end up hurting themselves. Well, watching a baby may not sound hectic. But, you should understand that you cannot even go to the bathroom peacefully. You either need another vigilant person around, or you should have some way of containing them in a small area.
A baby play yard gate does just that. It is that vigilant partner you need to keep your baby safe at all times. It is a railing that creates a perimeter around the baby, so that they remain within the safe zone you have created for them. There are many baby play yard gates that are available in the market today, and here are the best of the lot.
- This yard can cover any space, because you can add any number of two-panel extensions
- The walk-though door has a double lock, so the child cannot open it
- Made of steel, so its strong and durable
- Adjustable joints allow you to customize gate positions
- Can be used indoors as well as outdoors
- It is not easy to assemble
- The heavy spring on the door is not desirable for many
- It only helps in barricading, and does not come with any carpet
A good 30-inches high, this minimalistic style play yard gate can cover an area of 10 square feet. The modular set consists of six removable panels with adjustable, rotating joints to change the positioning of the gates as needed. If placed together they add up to 144 inches. Additional two-panel extensions are available if you need more than 10 square feet of space. You can either create a play pen out of the Superyard or use it like a gate to cordon off an area like a fireplace. There is a swinging door that comes with a dual lock system, which is also child proof.
- Budget-Friendly play yard
- Weather-resistant canvas floor
- Offers good visibility with the mesh fabric
- The unpadded metal poles may become a safety hazard
- Assembly of the play pen requires a lot of effort
This is a budget friendly play pen that can be used both outdoors as well as indoors. It comes with a waterproof canvas. A mesh fabric coves the metal poles which provide the vertical support for the playpen, which is available in two sizes – 26” and 48”. The mesh allows you to keep an eye on the baby at all time, while keeping them safe. The metal frame can be folded, and the playpen comes with a travel bag, which makes it easy to port. Many people use the playpen upside down to create a canopy on a visit to the beach.
- Made out of PVC-free Steel
- Certified by American Society for Testing and Materials as well as Juvenile Product Association
- Can be configured in various ways to cover your space and is lightweight
- Easy to install and easy to store
- You cannot join the panels in odd numbers
- May slip on hardwood floors
- The lock is small, which can open if jolted vigorously
Covering a total area of 19 square feet, the Regalo Super Wide Gate & Play Yard comes with 8 panels that can be configured according to your needs. It has a convenient swing door design, which comes with a safety lock. If you are not using it as a play pen, you can completely open it up to create a 192-inch wide wall. The product comes with mounting hardware. It is made out of steel, which is PVC-free, and in line with the standards of American Society for Testing and Materials. It can be folded to make it easier to travel with, and panels can be added or removed as per your requirement.
When fully opened, this wide gate is 151” wide and clocks in a height of 29”. There are 6 panels in the set, and one of them comes with a walk-through door. The panels themselves are made of steel, however, the hinges are made of plastic. The door can swing both ways. The locking mechanism on the door is not easy for an infant to figure out, which means it is completely safe to leave them in the play pen.
- Lightweight, and easy to move
- Locks cannot be undone by the toddler
- Offers a wide 18.5 square foot play area
- The diagonal design on the panel can be used as stairs
- The light weight also means that the play yard can be knocked over by the child
This play yard covers an 18.5 square foot area, and stands a tall 30 inches. This is on the higher side of the spectrum, so if you are looking for taller playpens, this should be on the list. There is a walkthrough door that provides easy access. However, it is not easy for a toddler to undo the locks and open the gate himself. It comes with 6 panels that are easy to assemble, disassemble, and move. It is made wholly of plastic, which makes it lightweight, and easier to carry. The one problem that the design of the playpen suffers are the oval holes on the panels. These holes are diagonal, and not vertical. This makes it easier for the baby to step on it, use it as stairs, and get on the top of the playpen. So, a baby might not be able to undo the locks, but they can still climb out of it.